Max connections /host

Stephen Swaney steve.swaney at fsl.com
Wed Mar 29 12:25:16 IST 2006

Tobias,

Take a look at:

Help! My Mail Server Is Being DoSsed!: http://www.technoids.org/dossed.html

Best site we've found so far that describes:

    1. Limiting the Rate of Incoming Connections
          1.1. The ratecontrol Feature
          1.2. The Connection Rate Throttle
    2. Limiting Simultaneous Connections with the conncontrol Feature
    3. Thwarting Dictionary Attacks
          3.1. Limiting the Number of Recipients per Message
          3.2. Reacting to "Bad" Recipients
    4. Blocking Slammers with the greet_pause Feature
    5. Other Ways to Protect your sendmail Server

Most of these features only work with Sendmail-8.13.x. We've found these
techniques to be very effective.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Stephen Swaney