Forwaring Mail

Johnny Stork jstork at pbco.ca
Mon Mar 27 19:06:00 IST 2006

I am trying to determine if there is a way to get

sendmail to forward all mail to a particular user,

to another account? The problem here is that the

user is not a local user so the use of a .forward

file wont work. Here is our setup.

server1

Gateway SMTP server which receives all external

mail, runs it through MailScanner and then

through a mailertable entry, routes everything

coming in to the pbco.ca domain, over to an

internal mail server (server2) running Scalix.

The Scalix server does not have, nor require

that a local user name exists as it handles

all accounts. I need to disable a user on the

Scalix server, and so need to re-route/forward

this persons mail at the gateway, server1 before

it is sent to server2 by the mailertable entry. Server1
runs Sendmail, MailScanner and MailWatch.

Is this possible without creating a user on server1?
 Johnny Stork
 Information & Technology Manager
Provincial Blood Coordinating Office
604-806-8840