Problem with MailScanner/DBD-SQLite on Solaris 8

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 15:44:24 GMT 2006

On 3/22/06, A.Barker at ucl.ac.uk <A.Barker at ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
> Is anyone else having problems installing MailScanner (4.51.6-1) on
> Solaris 8 due to DBD-SQLite  ? There is an entry about this in the MAQ,
> which fixes the undefined symbol problem, but a 'make test' then fails
> with:
>
> t/00basic...............ok
> t/01logon...............ok
> t/02cr_table............DBD::SQLite::db do failed: not an error(21) at dbdimp.c line 398 at t/02cr_table.t line 10.
> DBD::SQLite::st execute failed: not an error(21) at dbdimp.c line 398 at t/02cr_table.t line 12.
> # Failed test 2 in t/02cr_table.t at line 12
> # Failed test 3 in t/02cr_table.t at line 14
>
> This is with DBD-SQLite-1.11.

I got stuck with the undefined symbol problem as well but the MAQ
entry fixed it for me. Thanks to whoever wrote it (don't remember
now).

t/02cr_table............ok

All tests successful.

This is perl, v5.8.5 built for sun4-solaris

Are you using Solaris 8's ancient Perl? I'm using one from Sun Freeware.

--
/peter