Moving bayes database

Joshua Hirsh joshua.hirsh at partnersolutions.ca
Tue Mar 21 03:09:05 GMT 2006

-- Scott Silva Wrote --
> I have just done it. I just stopped MailScanner on the old
> server, rsync'd the files to the new server and started
> MailScanner on the new server. But I named the new server
> the same as the old server, but I don't think it matters.

I normally use the sa-learn command to backup and restore the Bayes database between new servers, but I suspect the rsync method works equally well, as long as MailScanner is turned off when you copy it.

These are the two commands that I would normally use:

 sa-learn --dbpath /var/spool/MailScanner/SpamAssassin/ --backup > bayes_db-20060320.out
 sa-learn --dbpath /var/spool/MailScanner/SpamAssassin/ --restore bayes_db-20050517.out

 Cheers,
-Joshua