Split the mails

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 11:23:37 GMT 2006

On 20/03/06, Peter Russell <pete at enitech.com.au> wrote:
> It isnt possible on Posthfix unless some one write a script to do it as
> a filter in Postfix...but i am sure that as soon as it is written the
> functionality of postfix will change and break it.

Actually, it should be possible to do with Postfix, but the problem is
that that split would happen _after_ MS reinjects the mails into the
incoming queue... So it'd be a bit pointless. What one *could* do (if
one feels up to it) is to implement a kind of dual-PF setup where the
first just fronts, splits and passes on to the second... that would
use the HOLD thing as usual... Not really a nice solution, but perhaps
workable, if one *really* needs this.
The flow would be something like:
[OTHER HOST] -> PF1 -> PF2 -> MS -> PF2 -> [DESTINATION]
(slight shudder)

> If i hadnt already begun with postfix i would ahve learnt Exim - one day!

(snip)
Now now, calm down. Take a deep breath... Look in the mirror and
repeat after me "Postfix is good for me... Postfix is good for me

--
-- Glenn