Phishing fraud undetected

Randal, Phil prandal at herefordshire.gov.uk
Thu Mar 16 16:01:38 GMT 2006

Steve Basford has a ClamAV phishing database over at

  http://www.sanesecurity.com/clamav/

Dennis Davis at the University of Bath wrote a script to fetch it -
here's my version:

------------------
#!/bin/sh

# Shell script to fetch and update Steve Basford's anti-phishing
# database.  Note this is fetched via HTTP.  So we'll need to set a
# proxy on machines that don't have direct web access.
#
#  DHD  March 2006

set -a  # probably not needed.

curl=/usr/bin/curl
mv=/bin/mv
rm=/bin/rm

#http_proxy='wwwcache.bath.ac.uk:3128'		# Proxy set.
#DHD#http_proxy=				# No proxy.

tmpbase=/tmp

tmpdir=$tmpbase/anti-phishing.$$

clamdir=/usr/local/share/clamav
phish_db=phish.ndb
phish_reference=$clamdir/$phish_db
phish_file=http://www.sanesecurity.com/clamav/$phish_db

mkdir $tmpdir || exit 1
trap "$rm -rf $tmpdir; trap 0" 0 1 2 15
cd $tmpdir || exit 1

$curl --compressed -x "$http_proxy" -O -R -s \
      -z $phish_reference $phish_file

if [ -s $tmpdir/$phish_db ]
then
  $mv -f $tmpdir/$phish_db $clamdir