Does this error from debug mean anything?

Lance Haig lhaig at haigmail.com
Thu Mar 16 07:25:24 GMT 2006

Hi,

I was reading through the performance post earlier and wanted to check
my system to see how it performed.

so I did the hdparm thing to see if my disk IO was the problem this is
the result

mailhost:~ # /sbin/hdparm -tT /dev/sda /dev/sda:

/dev/sda:
 Timing cached reads:   4048 MB in  2.00 seconds = 2023.30 MB/sec
 Timing buffered disk reads:  100 MB in  3.17 seconds =  31.59 MB/sec
mailhost:~ #

I then setup Mailscanner to run in debug for mailscanner and
spamassassin, I watched the message being proccessed and this is the
only error I found.

Ignore errors about failing to find EOCD signature
commit ineffective with AutoCommit enabled at
/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomFunctions/MailWatch.pm line 93,
<CLIENT> line 35.
Commmit ineffective while AutoCommit is on at
/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomFunctions/MailWatch.pm line 93,
<CLIENT> line 35.

I ran a check_Mailscanner and these are the errors I found

Use of uninitialized value in hash element at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/Mail/SpamAssassin/Message/Metadata/Received.pm
line 320, <GEN46> line 4.
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/Mail/SpamAssassin/Message/Metadata/Received.pm
line 321, <GEN46> line 4.
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/Mail/SpamAssassin/Message/Metadata/Received.pm
line 320, <GEN46> line 4.
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/Mail/SpamAssassin/Message/Metadata/Received.pm
line 321, <GEN46> line 4.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/Mail/SpamAssassin/Message/Metadata/Received.pm
line 225, <GEN46> line 4.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/Mail/SpamAssassin/Message/Metadata/Received.pm
line 227, <GEN46> line 4.
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/Mail/SpamAssassin/Message/Metadata/Received.pm
line 228, <GEN46> line 4.

format error: file is too short
 at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 780

commit ineffective with AutoCommit enabled at
/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomFunctions/MailWatch.pm line 93,
<CLIENT> line 34.
Commmit ineffective while AutoCommit is on at
/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomFunctions/MailWatch.pm line 93,
<CLIENT> line 34.

Has this been seen before?

Thanks

Lance