install.sh wishlist

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at nkpanama.com
Tue Mar 14 02:39:28 GMT 2006

I've used clamav-milter on every server I've installed/maintained, and I
always have to edit install.sh to add "--enable-milter" to be able to
update it. I also search&replace all the "sleep 2"s and "sleep 5"s with
"sleep 0", comment them out, or remove them altogether. Makes for a
quicker install, and the script is mature enough not to break.

Could there be an "--enable-milter" option, or something that would
detect the existence of clamav-milter (perhaps a ps -ax | grep
clamav-milter) and add it to the ./configure line? Perhaps a
"--super-fast" that would preclude the "sleep"s?

Just my 2c...

--

Alex Neuman van der Hans
N&K Technology Consultants