Big Loads

Ken A ka at pacific.net
Sat Mar 11 00:48:37 GMT 2006

Is this a dedicated MailScanner/SA box?

Have you consulted the MAQ about performance issues? You should be able
to run SA unless your hardware is obsolete or you've insufficient RAM.

http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=maq:index#optimization_tips

We run 3 MailScanner/SA with lots of SARE rules, dccifd and rbl checks
in SA. The boxes are all dual 2+ ghz xeons with 1-2gb of ram.

One of them also runs DCCD (a real ram memory hog) and even it can push
through 150K messages a day if it has to.

Your MTA should give you some protection from "Massive SPAM attacks" as
well.

Darth Sidious (it must be friday)
Pacific.Net