sendmail/MS multiple outbound queues?

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Fri Mar 10 15:16:04 GMT 2006

Greg,

What may be going on is the issue of multiple recipients in the
To: line with different domains.  I found a message in my fast queue
this morning going to a (nonresponsive) outside domain, where I
want only "@colby.edu" messages in that queue.  Checking the
syslogs, I found that the original message was going to:

To: user1 at colby.edu, user2 at colby.edu, user3 at slowhost.com

After the queue runner did its thing, the message got delivered to
the two local addresses fast, but the message hung around in
the fast queue still trying to deliver to slowhost.com.  From a
"mailq" point of view, all I saw later was a single recipient
message in the "wrong" queue.  This is probably what you see too.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College