FreeBSD port / mta.in script

Koopmann, Jan-Peter Jan-Peter.Koopmann at seceidos.de
Thu Mar 9 15:29:23 GMT 2006

On Thursday, March 09, 2006 3:58 PM Mike Jakubik wrote:

> Understood. While im not sure about other MTA's, postfix has a RCng
> style startup script. So you just disable sendmail in rc.conf, and
> add a postfix_enable="YES".

sendmail and exim have that as well. But the standard exim mta script will
not launch all instanced necessary for mailscanner (incoming, outgoing,
submit). Nor will the standard sendmail RCng script. I am not sure about
postfix or how exactly postfix works with MailScanner so I can only speek
for the other two.

Kind regards,
  JP