MailScanner SMTP question

Martin Hepworth martinh at solid-state-logic.com
Mon Mar 6 09:04:10 GMT 2006

Hi

Other people have answered about the way MS works..

But in answer to you final question, no it can't reject at smtp connect
time.

BUT what I do it reject all non-valid email addresses at smtp time, I drop
about 70% of my inbound email that way. How you do this is MTA and local
setup dependant (ie if you run Active Directory you can get many MTA to
query that on the fly, or you have to rely on separate files of valid
addresses etc etc).

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator