Transfering settings and files from one machine to another

rob rob at robhq.com
Fri Mar 3 16:35:31 GMT 2006

What flavor of OS is this on?  When I build a new machine, I use scp to get my files
over to the new server, aka:

service mysqld stop
scp /var/lib/mysql/database_name root at ipaddress:/var/lib/mysql/
the fire up mysql on the new box.

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 11:12:48 -0500, Billy A. Pumphrey wrote
> I need to tranfer my bayes database and mysql stuff to the new machine.
> I suppose I would need to transfer the quarantine also.  Here is my
> problem:
>
> I can't see to know how to transfer them.
>
> The way that I got by in the past was to ftp the files to a web site and
> then use wget on the other machine to get the file.  So I go the long
> way around.  On the bayes files, since they are bigger I figure bout
> time I realize how to use ftp.
>
> I got the server started on the old machine (ftp).  I can connect to the
> old machine form the new machine.  I go to the directory and try to get
> the files.  Get bayes_toks, etc.
>
> I get an error Faile to open file.  Thinking a permission issue.  I
> chown the remote files to bpumphrey (the ftp user that I am logged into)
> and chmod the files to 777.  Still the error.  Any guidance is
> appreciated.
>
> Also, I really have no clue on where to start for moving the mysql
> database.
>
> Thank you

> believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.