Users of RBL's

Mark Presling mark at presling.com
Thu Jun 29 23:20:07 IST 2006

Steve Campbell wrote:
> Chris, and all,
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Presling" <mark at presling.com>

Yes that is correct. I am using MailScanner version 4.43.8 (~July 2005)
and I put it at the end of /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf. I
am in the process of preparing to upgrade to a newer version so can't
confirm that this is still the correct approach. MailScanner
automatically triggers the expiry, I don't have to do anything. Just
make sure that MailScanner.conf contains something similar to this:

# If you are using the Bayesian statistics engine on a busy server,
# you may well need to force a Bayesian database rebuild and expiry
# at regular intervals. This is measures in seconds.
# 1 day = 86400 seconds.
# To disable this feature set this to 0.
Rebuild Bayes Every = 86400