Postfix now times out??

Drew Marshall drew at themarshalls.co.uk
Fri Jun 23 10:44:53 IST 2006

On Thu, June 22, 2006 22:38, Jeremy Blonde wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Drew.
>
> It's now working again, but why and how I have no idea.  I had to modify
> the postfix configuration file and then undo the change besides reboot
> the machine a few times.  After that it started working again.  Strange.

No worries. Having done all that, it still could have been anything as the
re-boots will have restarted any failed services (Such as named).

I would still just haul out the maillog and have a look at the time it all
failed as there is a good chance your problem will re-appear the same way
it mysteriously disappeared.

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy