Who does RBL checks - MailScanner or SpamAssassin?

Res res at ausics.net
Sat Jun 10 05:43:48 IST 2006

On Fri, 9 Jun 2006, Glenn Steen wrote:

>> SA itself, all the dns stuff is off as is a couple other things they
>> suggested, SA was used for spam detection only, we lowered teh default MS
>
> How very depressing.
> Was it CPU-bound or IO-bound (yeah yeah, IO is CPU-bound, I know:-),

The load only climbed to about 12, machine was still instantly responsive
never went through the roof or laged at all.

> mostly? And using the usual tmpfs thing for anything that needs really
> fast IO (I guess I haven't done the math on that one... Could ramp up
> to a very hefty amount of RAM, with that throughput:-)?

Oh theres plenty pof ram dont worry abvout that :)

> Yeah, it's always "somewhere else"... and all that is needed is a few

about 80% comes from asian countries, the rest of the world make
up the other 20%, because of large fines and risk of incarseration theres
very little chance of much of the crap coming from oz, thoug IMHO the spam
laws dont quite go far enough, there are a few holes we'd like closed that
the govt decided was to be excluded

--
Cheers
Res