Handling spam in DSNs from other sites?

Furnish, Trever G TGFurnish at herffjones.com
Thu Jun 8 21:28:37 IST 2006

Thanks, Steve. :)

Very neat idea.  In my case though, besides the mild scariness of SRS
:), I would also have to start handling outbound mail (since I currently
only handle the inbound portion of our mail), and I'd have to figure out
some way to handle users who I've created SPF "exceptions" for, since
those users don't currently go out through our relays.  That means I'd
need another server to handle the increase load from outbound messages
and would need to work with remote users to have them use our relays.
In my particular case, these are probably showstoppers for this approach
(at least for the time being).

I'm in the midst of deploying a new mailscanner (and mailwatch, of
course ;) ) system, so I've got some work to do before I can even start
on this problem in earnest, but maybe when I start looking more closely
at the number of messages like this getting through I'll find out that
just adding a bit to the spamassassin score of bounces will suit my
sites, even if that's not a good generic solution.

--
Trever