Who does RBL checks - MailScanner or SpamAssassin?

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at netmagicsolutions.com
Thu Jun 8 12:08:07 IST 2006

Res wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, Dhawal Doshy wrote:
>
>> Average mail delivery time is 10-15 seconds to the delivery servers.
>> And i haven't done any advanced tuning (save using TMPFS) on these
>> servers. Of course it helps to have Dual Processors and 3 GB RAM with
>> SCSI Disks (Dell PE1850).
>> </blow your own trumpet>
>

> Yes but you still have not said what your SA tunnings are

None, zilch.. we do not tune SA at all (i compile rpms from the stock
tar.gz distro).. moreover we add tonnes of SARE rules to it. If using a
dedicated server for MySQL based Bayes is tuning, then yes we do tuning.
 From that POV, we use djbdns' dnscache for the local
caching-nameserver, which helps Net::DNS tremendously. Also thanks to
the prolocation chaps, we rsync SURBL for local use..

I have added wiki entries for both of them quite some time back.
http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=&idx=documentation:related_software:caching_nameserver
http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:anti_spam:spamassassin:bayes:sql

> I wasnt being a smart ass i was being genuine, but no problems I take it
> the way you meant it and you shall be ignored :)

I wasn't being one either.. apologies if i did sound like one.

- dhawal