Who does RBL checks - MailScanner or SpamAssassin?

Res res at ausics.net
Thu Jun 8 08:56:58 IST 2006

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006, Dhawal Doshy wrote:

>> Ever tried running S.A on servers that do serious work, and want your mail
>> out of the queue and delivered the same week ? :)
>> (I do run SA on the machines that can handle it though, but thats like 2
>> out of many)
>
> Most of us run servers that pretty much do serious work ;-).. to each his/her
> way. You can use RBLs at:
>
> SpamAssassin: Best way to use RBLs as per my POV.. the bad part being that
> mails originating from ROKSO (spamhaus) are accepted and then tagged.

I'd like to know how your customers get mail so fast, at a constant rate
avg of 500 messages per minute, SA can not hope to keep up, after 5 mins
the queue was at about 1900 *to be* processed, where MailScanner with anti
virus and content checking and all that stuff on it usually keeps up
fine anbd people get mail seconds later, SA was tunned to best
performance by recommendations, and otehr recommendations that it should
be used on high end networks (i know why) if I left that wretched load of
crap on, my customers would get mail a week later and some probably months later and id be
replaced pretty quickly :)

But  like I said, on some of our smaller more dedicated mail servers we do
use it, because on those that do 50 msgs a minute SA can keep up.

--
Cheers
Res