MailScanner goes byebyes

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 10:43:53 IST 2006

On 06/06/06, Res <res at ausics.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, Rob Poe wrote:
>
> >> Mine get none, the usual child starting blah blah, found and processed
> >> X number of messages and thats it..
> >> So I guess its a case of the childs starts, processes its first batch then
> >> ninite we go :(
> >
> > What version of MailScanner are you running.  What MTA?  Linux Distro?
> >

> latest stable MS, linux, slackware, qmail
> we have 3 other qmail boxes that are as hard of working as this one, we
> have several sendmail box's that work as hard and even harder, this only
> happens on one of them. I can not no master how hard i try, make it
> replicate to any of the others, and it runs the same kernel as most of the
> others.
>

> --
> Cheers
> Res

Well, *something* must differ... Perl modules? Some basic kernel
settings (if you set 'em via sysconf/proc)? You're a smart person Res,
you'll figure it out...
If you have a very many hosts, this could be the statistically
probable HW strangeness kicking in:-):-)
Do you see anything strange in the resource consumption when it hangs?

--
-- Glenn