Body text garbled UTF-8/BASE64 combination

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 12:20:39 IST 2006

On 05/06/06, Chris Green <chrisgreen at hotmail.com> wrote:
(snip)
> One of the reasons I started using Debian was because of it's reputation
> with stability. It follows that some packages are going to be well out of
> date. I totally agree with you about using the latest and greatest here
> though - so compiling from source is where I'm headed.

Depending on which release of Debian you look at, it can be well more
than mouldy versions... "Prehistoric" comes to mind:-). That said, it
does have stability, true.
But so do many other distros too, and without sticking to outdated
releases... Oh well, "Holy wars have started over less"...:-).

> Thanks for your comments and help, I'm only six months into Linux and it
> REALLY helps getting a leg up every now and again. I've left a beer for you
> in your local bar - just go up to the barman and ask for it :-)

We've all been "new to Linux" at one point in time or other, and most
have good enough memories to remember what it was like (well, I came
from Unix to linux, sort of, and have never really left Unix.... And
it was rather early... was it version 0.96? Not that good memopry
after all:-)... The crowd here is generally a helpfull bunch, so ...
Don't hesitate to ask if you find another "stumbling block"!

--
-- Glenn