Can the order of Spam, MCP, Arichiving processing be determined

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 10:02:40 IST 2006

On 02/06/06, Lasantha Marian <x72m35 at gmail.com> wrote:
(snip)
> >> The Problem (may be a feature request) is that the Archive feature of
> >> the MailScanner processes messages before processing Spam and MCP. Which
> >> results in having Spam and MCP positive messages being archived. The
> >> need is to get the archiving messages which are Spam and MCP negatives
> >> only. Unfortunately for me I could not find a way to achieve this.
> >
> > The spam gets archived into a spam subdirectory of the day's
> > quarantine. Just delete the archived spam directory every night.
> I use "Archive Mail" option with rule set and forwarding to a selected
> account. That is the reason why I am searching the capability to
> control  at which point the archiving should happen.

If you want to have the cookie _and_ eat it.... Why not use what is
already there? Just add the forward to your Non Spam Actions... Of
course, these mails will not be in "untouched" condition, but that
wouldn't be such a big deal. You could have that _and_ the archive
mail->disk feature, and just keep the on-disk archive for a short-ish
period;).

(snip)

--
-- Glenn