SOLVED: RE: Some mail (up to 7 days old) is stuckin/var/spool/mqueue

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Jul 27 22:02:11 IST 2006

Chris W. Parker spake the following on 7/27/2006 1:05 PM:
> Sorry, I was being facetious. I'm aware of the differences between .mc
> and .cf. Julian instructed me to edit the .cf file since that is where
> QueueLA is found. A grep on sendmail.mc does not return a hit for QueueLA.
>
> It's the same warning Microsoft gives on all their pages that give
> instructions for editing the registry. "WARNING! YOU MAY DIE AND/OR
> CAUSE YOUR NEXT OF KIN TO DIE ALSO IF YOU EDIT THE REGISTRY AND MESS IT
> UP!!"
There are defaults if nothing is specified in sendmail.mc.
In RedHat derivatives there is the following;
dnl define(`confQUEUE_LA', `12')dnl
dnl define(`confREFUSE_LA',`18')dnl
But as you found the defaults are queue_la 8 and refuse_la 12.
That is buried deep in the macros that generate the cf files.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and