[OT] ldap integration

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at netmagicsolutions.com
Thu Jul 27 21:45:16 IST 2006

Quoting Daniel Maher <daniel.maher at ubisoft.com>:

> Hi all,
>

> This is remarkably off-topic for the list, and I'm sorry for
> bringing it up, but I'm at my technical-wit's end here, and any help
>  would be good at this point.
>
> I am trying to set up OpenLDAP to act as a caching proxy between
> Postfix and my Active Directory server.  Slapd proxies just fine,
> but I can't get it to cache the results at all.
>
> I'll say no more on the topic.  If anybody has ever done something
> like this, I would very much appreciate a response - preferably
> off-list, since this has nothing to do with MailScanner.
>
> Again, I apologise for this off-topic post.  The OpenLDAP mailing
> list is remarkably not helpful - and you folks just seem much more
> friendly... :)

What openldap version are you using? See if this helps.. from
http://www.postfix.org/ldap_table.5.html

        cache (IGNORED with a warning)

        cache_expiry (IGNORED with a warning)

        cache_size (IGNORED with a warning)
               The above parameters are  NO  LONGER  SUPPORTED  by
               Postfix.   Cache  support  has  been  dropped  from
               OpenLDAP as of release 2.1.13.

- dhawal