Message part of white list but marked as MCP how to get rid of this

Martin Hepworth martinh at solid-state-logic.com
Wed Jul 26 13:40:39 IST 2006

ankush grover wrote:
> hey friends,
>
> We are running a bug tracking software on the same server on which the
> Mail Server is hosted. When we enter any bug  in that software a mail
> is sent to the person to whom that bug is assigned. Now the
> MailScanner is marking these messages as mcp even though we have added
> the email id through which bug issue mail is sent to the the person in
> the spam.whitelist.rules but the MailScanner is marking that mail as
> mcp and the mail is not going to the concerned person rather going to
> the root account.
>
> This is generated by the MailWatch.
> bugs at example.com      ankush at example.com
> [Project1 0000046]: Problem in  Chart Module    2.6Kb     0.00
> 1.00     W/L MCP
>
> You can see this message is part of W/L but marked as MCP.
>
> How do we configure MailScanner so that if any type of message is
> generated by that email id for example bugs at example.com that message
> should not be marked as spam or mcp ?
>
> We are using MailScanner 4.44 with Postfix 2.1.5 on FC3.
>
> Please let me know if you need any further inputs.
>
> Thanks & Regards
>
> Ankush Grover
Ankush

Add a ruleset to the MailScanner.conf option "Scan Messages" so that it
doesn't scan messages from 127.0.0.1..

eg
Scan Message = %rules-dir%/scan.messages.rules

and the scan.messages.rules file contains the following..

From:   127.0.0.1       no
FromOrTo: Default       yes

and then MS won't scan any messages from it's own computer.

--
Martin Hepworth
Senior Systems Administrator

the system manager.