Problem with spamassassin confs

Marcos Sobral sobralm at agro.uba.ar
Tue Jul 25 16:15:59 IST 2006

Some days ago, I was experiencing some troubles with really big queues
in the mqueue.in folder.
I had to put 3 servers working in parallel but the queues where still big.
Then I started enabling and disabling some scans, I noticed that when I
had disabled de spamassassin test, the queue problem disapeared.
So I started looking after an error or a heavy test of spamassassin in
the spam.assassin.prefs.conf file. Everything was ok, except for one
thing, I had the local.cf file that resides in the
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf . The spam.assassin.prefs.conf file asks
to disable that file, moving it with another name. The fact is that when
I moved that file, my problem had disappeared.
Well, that´s my story, now my question is, why whe have to move the
local.cf file, what happens when we leave it without moving it?
Did someone had this problem?
If someone is having mqueue.in problem check if you are having my problem.

Another question is, does anyone know about a good statistics program to
check the mail traffic, I been testing the mailscanner-mrtg, is good but
I´d like to try others.

Thanks.

Marcos Andres Sobral
Administrador de Red
Facultad de Agronomía - Buenos Aires - Argentina
Te.: (+54 11) 4524-8000 int.8108
email: mailto:sobralm at agro.uba.ar
www: http://www.agro.uba.ar