Order Of Installation

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Tue Jul 25 16:07:02 IST 2006

Hi there -

I am going through the process of building a replacement mail server for our
department. The server in question is running

SuSE 10.0 Linux that has been 'hardened' via Bastille. The server currently has
ClamAV 0.88.3 and SpamAssassin 3.1.3

installed via the Easy Installation package. The procedure that I have in mind
to complete the installation is as follows:

1.	Install from source Sendmail 8.13.7.
2.	Update ClamAV to the latest version.
3.	Update SpamAssassin to the latest version.
4.	Install MailScanner 4.54.6-1.

Is there anything that I missed, or something about the procedure that is wrong
and should be corrected before proceeding?

Thanks.