OT:distributed AWL

Mauricio mauriciopcavalcanti at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 20 18:05:11 IST 2006

Hi,
I have many servers using MS+SA and I was thinking about use or not use AWL
(auto-whitelist). Its work fine, but a in a small traffic server, I have
some false positives.

So, if SA makes AWL files with score and IP and we can log these information
into MYSQL DB, I think it's a good idea make a centralized DB and share it,
like a big sender base.

Am I crazy thinking about it? Anyone has tried this?

We could share this "sender base" to anyone (read) and select some "good
partners" to help in this populate work.

I think ironport is working with something like that.

Thanks in advance,
Mauricio