Modifying SpamAssassin scores when using MailScanner

Tony Stocker akostocker at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 15:04:13 IST 2006

Hello All,

I know that MailScanner moves some of the SA configuration into it so
before I go mucking around with files I want to make sure that I'm
mucking around with the RIGHT files.

Basically I want to raise the score assigned to spam.  For instance
the default value for "INVESTMENT_ADVICE" is 2.960 and I want to raise
this.  Now the header comments for
/usr/share/spamassassin/50_scores.cf says not to directly modify that
file, but rather to modify /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf.

Is this still true when using MailScanner?  Or is there a place in MS
that I should be making these custom scoring tweaks?

Thanks!