Mailscanner mqueuein trouble

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Thu Jul 20 15:57:46 IST 2006

Marcos Sobral a écrit :
> Denis:
> How many mails do you process per day and how much memory do you
> have?. How many child process you have set?
> I think that maybe I cannot support the spam load with my actual
> configuration... And I need to find some fast solutions until I have
> new equipments.

Marcos,

We have 3 servers with this configuration:
1 Xeon 2.8GHz
2.5GB RAM
1 SCSI disk
RHEL 4
MS + SA

They process about 100K messages per day for them all.  This will
probably double in september when students return.

I use the default values for children (5) and batch size.

I just deployed the third server.  Last semester we were running with 2
servers and they sometimes had trouble keeping up with the incoming mail.

Denis

--
   _
  °v°   Denis Beauchemin, analyste