"I/O error on connection" problem. MailScanner related?

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Wed Jul 19 18:43:24 IST 2006

Hello,

A user complained to me today that some of her customers are not
receiving her emails and vice versa (she is not able to receive theirs).

I've noticed that I get these messages in the logs at least once
everyday from different hosts.

I've searched and searched on this and haven't found any kind of
concrete resolution to it. One strange thing about the posts I find on
this are that they're generally all old. Late nineties mostly. Dunno if
that means anything...

So, could this be related to MailScanner in that MailScanner is putting
too high a load on my box and therefore these errors are generated. I
see that ClamAV and BitDefender really use a lot of cpu.

Not really sure how to investigate this so any advice would be much
appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris.