Archiving

Martin Hepworth martinh at solid-state-logic.com
Fri Jul 14 09:26:19 IST 2006

Suggestions can help rather than advisors....

anyway first of all you'll have to split all the messages into
individual messages - see the wiki for sendmail, exim postfix ways of
doing this...

then you can add a ruleset on the archive option to ignore these people
- not sure what SOX or other laws would have implications mind you.

BUT of course if the email was to mgr1 at domain and worker1 at domain then
the email would still be archived under the worker1 at domain setting..

--
Martin Hepworth
Senior Systems Administrator

John Rowan wrote:
> Having reviewed the Mail Scanner message thread archives from January -
> July 2006 I have been able to configure my client's system to place a
> copy of all inbound / outbound email into the mailarchive user account.
> I use the archive.rule stating FromOrTo: default
> mailarchive at theirdomain.com
> Now that that works "management" has stated that they want their email
> excluded from the archiving rule.  Management by the way are the owners
> of this private company so they do as they please.  If you are going to
> advise me to tell them what they are doing is wrong, please don't
> bother.  They are not receptive to being "advised" how to run their
> company.
>
> So with that said, how do I configure the rule to archive everyone
> excluding specific email addresses?

the system manager.