How does SA auto white-list works?

René Berber r.berber at computer.org
Thu Jul 13 19:49:38 IST 2006

Hi,

I'm using the SA auto white-list feature with MailScanner 4.54.6, and there's
something confusing in the result I'm seeing: a score is added if the address is
white listed.  Shouldn't it be subtracted?

Example:

 pts rule name              description
 1.5 SUBJECT_ENCODED_TWICE  Subject: MIME encoded twice
 2.2 FROM_ENDS_IN_NUMS      From: ends in many numbers
 1.3 FROM_LOCAL_HEX         From: localpart has long hexadecimal sequence
 2.6 AWL                    AWL: From: address is in the auto white-list

As you can see, the total score includes 2.6 points from being white-listed.

Sounds wrong to me, I'll check if this is a bug in SA 3.1.3, any comments are
welcomed.
--
René Berber