Another call for improvements

Rodney Green rgreen at trayerproducts.com
Thu Jul 6 15:18:14 IST 2006

Alex Neuman van der Hans wrote:
> Julian Field wrote:
>>

>> Alex Neuman van der Hans wrote:

>>> Ok, so to recap, if I have, for example:
>>>
>>> Archive Mail = %rules-dir%/archive.rules
>>>
>>> archive.rules:
>>>
>>> FromOrTo:   default   no
>>> From:   alex at nkpanama.com   /home/backup/mail/outgoing/alex
>>> To:   alex at nkpanama.com   /home/backup/mail/incoming/alex
>>>
>>> Spam Actions = attachment deliver header "X-Spam-Status: yes"
>>> High Scoring Spam Actions = delete # no need to set header
>>> Non Spam Actions = deliver header "X-Spam-Status: no"
>>>
>>> Where would the spam go? To the quarantine in a spam folder?
>> Should do, yes.

Hello. I know this thread is over a month old but I'm still in need of
clarification. I've setup the Archive Mail parameter to point to an
archive rules file that archives mail from or to local users to a mbx
style file for each user. If I open up my archive file for my account
spam is indeed in that file. It appears that the archiving is done
before any spam filtering is done. In Julian's replies he states that
"It gets archived into a "spam" subdirectory..." If this is the case,
why is their spam in the archive files that would have definitely been
filtered? Does the order of parameters in the MailScanner.conf file play
into this? Do I perhaps have the archive mail parameter in an incorrect
place?

Thanks for any help.
Rod

believed to be clean.