Vispan whitelist format?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Jul 5 18:30:53 IST 2006

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions spake the following on 7/5/2006 9:54 AM:
> Scott Silva <> said on 05 July 2006 16:53:
>

>> You would need to write some code to add those to the access file and
>> regenerate the access.db. Or look at some of the options of making
>> your own RBL and to it with lookups.
>
> I'm trying to reduce the load from dictionary / DDOS attacks.....
>
> Hmmm
It shouldn't be too difficult to insert your custom into the access file and
run makemap. But I seem to remember some performance problems with some MTA's
and large access files. Sendmail seemed to be a big offender, and maybe Exim (
again, my over 40 year old brain cells are having a hiccup, soo please no
flames!). It has been a long time, and maybe those problems are resolved.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and