Updating the MailScanner Wiki

Jim Holland mailscanner at mango.zw
Wed Jul 5 12:05:07 IST 2006

Hi Julian

Some time ago I agreed to update the Wiki in relation to using /^$/ in a
ruleset to match the null sender address <>.  Sorry for the delay.

Having looked at the Wiki, it seems to me that the appropriate places for
this information are not there but in the EXAMPLES and README files that
are installed by default in the /etc/MailScanner/rules directory.  Not
surprisingly, it is not possible to edit these files in the Wiki as they
are set read-only, being copies of the original files.

I will therefore send you separately my proposals for editing these two
files to include the null sender matching rule.

Regards

Jim Holland
System Administrator
MANGO - Zimbabwe's non-profit e-mail service