tuning

--[UxBoD]-- uxbod at splatnix.net
Wed Jul 5 01:19:44 IST 2006

And what SA rules are you running ?

On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 18:28:35 -0300
"glaucius junior" <glauciusjunior at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,  I'm using MailScanner (4.54.6-1), Postfix (2.2.8),
> FreeBSD (5.4) and SpamAssassin (3.1.3), now everything is working
> fine, but when I set "Use SpamAssassin = yes", my FreeBSD goes to a
> load average very high (15/30) and my queue becomes very high (the
> folder hold), and if I turn off the spamassassin, every goes to heaven
> again.
>
> This is the volume for today :
> Processed:	38,269	2.6Gb
> Clean:	37,757	98.7%
> Viruses:	0	0.0%
> Top Virus:	None
> Blocked files:	38	0.1%
> Others:	136	0.4%
> Spam:	177	0.5%
> High Scoring Spam:	161	0.4%
> MCP:	0	0.0%
> High Scoring MCP:	0	0.0%
>

> My  hardware is
>
> HP DL140
> Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.06GHz
> 2G Ram Memory
> IDE 70G
>

> Maybe I need another machine to do load-balance of my MTA, or maybe I
> can do some tuning in SpamAssassin and MailScanner to get a bether
> performance.
>

> Best regards !!!

--[ UxBoD ]--
// PGP Key: "curl -s http://www.splatnix.net/uxbod.asc | gpg --import"
// Fingerprint:     543A E778 7F2D 98F1 3E50  9C1F F190 93E0 E8E8 0CF8
// Keyserver: www.keyserver.net                     Key-ID: 0xE8E80CF8

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content
by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.