tuning

glaucius junior glauciusjunior at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 22:28:35 IST 2006

Hi everyone,  I'm using MailScanner (4.54.6-1), Postfix (2.2.8),
FreeBSD (5.4) and SpamAssassin (3.1.3), now everything is working
fine, but when I set "Use SpamAssassin = yes", my FreeBSD goes to a
load average very high (15/30) and my queue becomes very high (the
folder hold), and if I turn off the spamassassin, every goes to heaven
again.

This is the volume for today :
Processed:	38,269	2.6Gb
Clean:	37,757	98.7%
Viruses:	0	0.0%
Top Virus:	None
Blocked files:	38	0.1%
Others:	136	0.4%
Spam:	177	0.5%
High Scoring Spam:	161	0.4%
MCP:	0	0.0%
High Scoring MCP:	0	0.0%

My  hardware is

HP DL140
Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.06GHz
2G Ram Memory
IDE 70G

Maybe I need another machine to do load-balance of my MTA, or maybe I
can do some tuning in SpamAssassin and MailScanner to get a bether
performance.

Best regards !!!