FOSS, Science, and Public activism

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at nkpanama.com
Tue Jul 4 03:22:06 IST 2006

proclus at gnu-darwin.org wrote:

> FOSS projects need to hear this message from time to time, IMHO.

Still, you have to acknowledge the message is arguably off topic. You
could have observed better etiquette by labeling your post as "off
topic", or apologizing. Insisting your point - however valid it may be -
may be construed by some individuals as discourteous.

Another suggestion could be to make your post short (and label it OT for
off topic). Maybe 3 lines. Something like:

Blablabla open source blabla FOSS blabla activism blable.

For more information visit http://blabla.com/blable/bloobloo.html

I just hope I don't get flamed back for a simple difference of
opinion... :-)