(slightly OT) Sophos question

John Rudd jrudd at ucsc.edu
Tue Jul 4 00:00:22 IST 2006

Can sophos sweep, and/or the sophos SAVI module, directly scan an
mbox/rfc822 formatted message with MIME attachments (the way Clam AV
can), or do you have to break them down into individual files and then
scan?

(I realize that mailscanner might be breaking them down for other
reasons, such as identifying a specifically infected attachment; the
reason why this is "slightly OT" is that I'm asking the more general
question of whether or not sophos can do it at all, not just whether or
not mailscanner uses it that way)