MailScanner -debug errors

Curtis, Roger r.curtis at ywcaelpaso.org
Mon Jul 3 16:17:00 IST 2006

> Curtis, Roger wrote:
> >> OK, I looked in the directories that the document listed but still
> >> nothing.  I will try to scour the machine using recursive grep
until I
> >> find those config lines.  Thanks.
> >
> > I grepped everywhere and no file came up with a razor1 option.  So,
I am
> > stumped!  Where is MailScanner -debug getting a config file that has
the
> > use_razor1 option?
>
> Check if you have an
"/etc/MailScanner/mcp/mcp.spam.assassin.prefs.conf"
> file. If you do, that entry should be near the bottom.
>
> I'm too new to MS to know much more than where to find the entries but
> hope this helps.

Jeff,

That was where those options were.  Thanks!  Still getting a couple
other errors when using MailScanner -debug, related to MCP.  When I turn
MCP off, everything looks fine.  If I comment out all options in
mcp.spam.assassin.prefs.conf, I no longer get the error about parsing
the use_XXX, but I still get these:

[15749] dbg: message: ---- MIME PARSER END ----
[15749] dbg: dns: is Net::DNS::Resolver available? yes
[15749] dbg: dns: Net::DNS version: 0.57
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/Mail/SpamAssassin.pm line 1009.
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/Mail/SpamAssassin.pm line 1011.
[15749] dbg: config: read_scoreonly_config: cannot open "": No such file
or directory

Anybody else getting this type of error/warning when using MCP with MS
4.54.6?