blank "is" report lines in syslog?

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Fri Jan 27 19:58:43 GMT 2006

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, Julian Field wrote:

> Jeff A. Earickson wrote:
>> After taking spamcop.net out of "Spam List =", my syslogs
>> "Message... to colby.edu is " with the blank ending ceased.
>> I dug thru the perl and it looks like $rblspamheader must
>> not get set at either line 475 or 498 in Message.pm.  So
>> is something going wrong in MailScanner::RBLs::Checks
>> with spamcop?
> Did it always do it? Or only occasionally?

Julian,
    After a bit of shell scripting and grepping on my syslog,
I found that every instance of a blank ending had also
triggered a hit from spamcop.net, eg:

RBL checks: k0RGE4ch011484 found in spamcop.net

for that same message.  There's a 1:1 correspondence.
Happy weekend!

Jeff Earickson
Colby College