Upgrade to new Beta stops logging to MailWatch

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Fri Jan 27 17:37:12 GMT 2006

Scott,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Silva" <ssilva at sgvwater.com>
To: <mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2006 12:27 PM
Subject: Re: Upgrade to new Beta stops logging to MailWatch

> Steve Campbell spake the following on 1/27/2006 9:10 AM:
>> I seem to recall a problem asked before, but can't locate it.
>>
>> I have just tried the new Beta, as an upgrade. It does not seem to be
>> calling the MailWatch functions. Is there something I have overlooked?
>> There is nothing in the maillog indicating a call to this function.
>> Upgraded from 4.41
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>>
>> Steve Campbell
>> campbell at cnpapers.com
>> Charleston Newspapers
>>

> Make sure of the following;
> MailScanner.conf has the Always Looked Up Last = &MailWatchLogging

Yep, this is on. No changes here from the old release.

> make sure that
> /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomFunctions/MailWatch.pm
> is there
>
> --

Yep it is. I get a maillog entry stating the call now, after removing some
rules from spam.assassin.prefs.conf. But nothing is getting included on
MailWatch. I get no errors, though. I am still running MW 0.5.1. This was
originally in /usr/lib/MailScanner, but I copied it to
/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomFunctions, just in case there was
something going on there. (I'm not sure which it belongs in -  the new or
old directory)

> MailScanner is like deodorant...
> You hope everybody uses it, and
> you notice quickly if they don't!!!!