Connection refused

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at nkpanama.com
Tue Jan 24 15:36:25 GMT 2006

Darryl DeLao wrote:
> There is no indication in the logs that something is wrong.  I can not
> telnet to the server, and when I flush out my other mail server, which has
> messages qued up, it says connection deferred, not accepting connections.
> There is no firewall running on the server itself.

Ok, so your server is not actually deferring anything, it's your *other*
server that's deferring since the main server isn't accepting connections.

So... Can you physically access the server? If you can, can you do a
"telnet localhost 25"? If you can, you may have a default sendmail.mc ->
sendmail.cf set to only listen on the 127.0.0.1 interface.

--

Alex Neuman van der Hans
N&K Technology Consultants