OT: RNDS or whatever it was yesterday

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Tue Jan 24 15:07:51 GMT 2006

I had always misunderstood the "accept_unresolvable_domains" feature in
sendmail. I guess it's my age, but I thought it worked backwards from the
way it does work. I'm just too old to be doing this stuff.

Anyway, I implemented it this morning due to the fact that I have been
getting a lot of notices from sendmail in the form of:

"lost input channel from [XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX] to MTA after rcpt"

but I don't think it will resolve much due to the fact that these are from
real domains that are spoofed. I'm getting a lot of bayes_tok.expire files
and not sure why, so I thought this may be part of the problem. (Older
version of MS)

My questions are:

What should I see in my maillogs when sendmail rejects an unresolvable
domain message? I don't see anything yet.

What is the best way to block the "lost input channel" type messages? (Is
there a way?)

Thanks for any help.

Steve Campbell
campbell at cnpapers.com