Sendmail not relaying

Paul Kelly :: Blacknight paul at blacknight.ie
Wed Jan 18 23:02:41 GMT 2006

Hi there,

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 19:12 +0000, Lance Haig wrote:

> Guys I have hit a snag.
>
> I have configured a new set of domains and have configured the
> mailertable

needed.

> relay-domains

not needed. I'm presuming that its a mail gateway? If so the only place
domains should be added is the mailertable file.

> I have added the domains to the access file
> domain	RELAY

Remove.

> and the sending IP of the mailserver
> ipaddress	RELAY

Are you filtering outbound email aswell? If not remove this, if so leave
it in.

Access.db is for allowing mail servers/people to relay through you or to
block them etc.

mailertable defines the end point mailserver for the domain that is to
be scanned.

> When I try to send a mail to a domain outside the Mailscanner machine it
> says relaying denied.
>
> I have tried this command on the access file
>
> makemap hash /etc/mail/access < /etc/mail/access
>
> but is still does not want to allow the mailserver to relay e-mail.

I think that is your problem. Remove the entries from access db and you
should be set.

Paul

--
Paul Kelly