favicon.ico is missing???

Gerry Doris gdoris at rogers.com
Tue Jan 17 23:10:13 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 17:17 -0500, Matt Kettler wrote:
> Gerry Doris wrote:
> > I have been seeing large numbers of httpd errors in the
> > ssl_access_errors logs.
> >
> > These seem to indicate that a file called favicon.ico is not being found
> > and appear to be occurring when MailScanner is being accessed.  I've
> > located this file (or one by the same name) in several locations but
> > none of them have anything to do with MailScanner.
> >
> > Is favicon.ico used by MailScanner or MailWatch???
>
> No, it's used by browsers.. Pretty much every modern browser will request this
> file off a website when connecting.
>
> It's used to create those custom icons in your bookmarks/favorites list.
>
> You can ignore the errors, or create an icon file to put there.

OK, I pulled a favicon.ico file from the Apache manual directory and now
when I connect to using MailWatch I get a cute little Apache feather!
However, I was hoping that this file would fix my real problem and it
didn't.

I use MailWatch and I've just noticed that I am no longer able to view a
message.  I used to be able to click the little box on the far left, a
detail window with the header + lots of good stuff would appear.  This
still happens but I'm missing the ability at the bottom of this screen
to click on the message id to view the message.  There is nothing
there???

I was wondering if this has resulted from using Julian's new beta so I
reloaded the last stable release.  That didn't fix the problem.