4.50.8: some comments

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Mon Jan 16 16:17:43 GMT 2006

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006, Julian Field wrote:

>> * lint feature:  When I ran this, it said:
>>
>> I'm probably one of the few people who use IPBlock.
>
> Dunno about that one.

I'll chase this and see if I can figure it out...

>> * perl modules: What's up to date?
>>

> I don't always track the absolutely latest versions. I know the
> versions I have work, and I don't like randomly upgrading to the
> latest code they publish without some reassurance that there's a good
> reason to do it.
>
> Have you actually had any faults that can be isolated to bugs in the
> versions of Perl modules which I ship?

No, nothing like that.  It sounds like you are more conservative than
I am on perl modules.  If a newer version caused me MS trouble, I
would try your version as a first test.  I've not (yet) had problems
with newer perl modules and MailScanner.  The versions I noted in
my original email are where I'm at with 4.50.8 right now.

Thanks,
Jeff Earickson
Colby College