Bounce non-spam messages

Ramon Acedo ramon at linux-labs.net
Fri Jan 13 19:24:30 GMT 2006

Hi Steve,
El vie, 13--2006 a las 11:16 +0000, Steve Freegard escribió:

> > from time to time users ask if is there the possibility of bouncing
> > emails from a particular sender. This sender can be a legitimate sender
> > for the system (but not for the user asking for his messages to be
> > dropped).
> >
> > Is there any way of managing this in MS? I'm trying to do it with
> > Sendmail feature "delay_checks hater" and "access_db" but it isn't
> > work as I expect.
>
> This is definitely better done at the MTA level - you could use the
> Sendmail compat_check feature for this.
>
> After the access_db definition in sendmail.mc add:
>
> FEATURE(`compat_check')dnl

> See http://www.sendmail.org/m4/features.html#compat_check for details.
>
> Hope this helps.

Thanks for pointing me to the right way, it was exactly what I needed
although the delay_checks with the "hater" config should also work
(http://www.sendmail.org/m4/anti_spam.html#delay_check) this feature is
much better for this purpose.

In Debian I configured it in this way:

# cd /etc/mail
# vi sendmail.mc
  FEATURE(`compat_check')dnl <-- Somewhere after the line
                                 FEATURE(`access_db', , `skip')dnl
# vi access
  Compat:sender at a.b<@>recipient at mydoma.in ERROR:553 Message not
delivered