Bounce non-spam messages

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at fsl.com
Fri Jan 13 11:16:42 GMT 2006

Hi Ramon,

On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 10:37 +0100, Ramon Acedo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> from time to time users ask if is there the possibility of bouncing
> emails from a particular sender. This sender can be a legitimate sender
> for the system (but not for the user asking for his messages to be
> dropped).
>
> Is there any way of managing this in MS? I'm trying to do it with
> Sendmail feature "delay_checks hater" and "access_db" but it isn't
> work as I expect.

This is definitely better done at the MTA level - you could use the
Sendmail compat_check feature for this.

After the access_db definition in sendmail.mc add:

FEATURE(`compat_check')dnl

Then in the access database put the entries:

Compat:sender<@>recipient		ERROR:<code> <msg>

Note that the sender and recipient must be the from the envelope and not
the headers.

See http://www.sendmail.org/m4/features.html#compat_check for details.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,